I’m always on the lookout for a dish to serve when we’re at the end of our funds for the month! Most of this recipe is stuff found in my pantry and freezer at any given time, so it’s a good fit!
Recipe from Food.com
- 2 large onion , chopped
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs ground beef , browned and drained
- 2 (32 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (32 ounce) can water
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni , uncooked
- 2 to taste salt , to taste
- 2 to taste pepper , to taste
- 2 to taste parmesan cheese (optional)
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
Brown ground beef and drain.
Add ground beef, tomatoes, water, raw macaroni, salt and pepper to the onion and garlic mixture.
Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.
Serve with crusty bread and a salad.