About 2 weeks ago, I happened upon an article titled Your Children Want YOU! on The Power of Moms site. This is a statement that I continually tell myself, and not always silently. I am forever needing to be reminded that my kids are my priority and not a clean bathroom or clean sheets. There are a few things that I get hyper-focused on (Facebook/Pinterest, cleaning out *insert location here*, and couponing are just a few examples) as a way to escape my real-life responsibilities. The result is me feeling like a slug of a Mom and stressing out at 4pm about what dinner will be served at 5pm. Then there are some things that I let slide (this blog is a great example of that) when I feel overwhelmed. Then I feel depressed. Like I’m not only letting my family down by being stressed-out Mommy, but that I let you guys, my readers down, and letting myself down because I *should* be able to do it all.
I lack balance.
I feel like I need to do everything, at the moment I think of it, or at the very least tack it on to an ever-growing laundry-list of things I imagine I should be able to do if I had my schmidt together. And most would say I’ve already got my schmidt together!
Lemme ask you this:
- Do you ever resent your spouse for “not pulling their weight”?
- Do you find yourself forgetting things, thereby adding precious minutes to completing the task because you have to go back a few steps?
- Do you ever feel like your spouse doesn’t *really* get how hard it is to tend to the house and children?
- Do you have 1000 projects on your plate but feel like you can’t do any of them?
- Do you lack balance?
- Do you wish you could spend more time with your kids, but your “adult responsibilities” seem to take over?
- Do you ever feel like you are in a never-ending cycle of clean, errand, clean, cook, clean, poop-out?
I can answer a resounding YES to all of those questions.
Upon first look, it’s an intimidating e-book (23 pages is the “short” version, 70+ is the long) of how-to build your “machine”.
Curious what the “machine” is?
I’m not gonna tell you. You’ll just have to sign up for the Giveaway for your chance to win to build your own Machine!
What I am going to tell you is that the high-intimidation factor (even for this girl who gobbles up all things “organizing”) is completely and totally worth following through on.
Your Machine will require gathering some supplies you already have or purchasing them if you don’t. I gathered what I could that I had (office supplies mostly), and made a list of what I needed to buy.
I had a $12 Reward Credit at Staples and bought a small clipboard that could fit in my diaperbag/purse and 100 tabbed folders. I spent a whopping $0.33 out of pocket!
Lastly, I rounded up some used cardboard boxes and made my cubby system.
I probably could have pieced together something from the various organizing things I have in my house, but I wanted to stick with it, and I knew if it looked thrown together, I’d be inclined to change things up. This way, my brain is calmed when I look at my machine.
Before I spill too much about the Machine, let me get to the fun part!
I was generously given a copy of M.O.M (information from the Power of Moms website here) to GIVEAWAY to one of my readers! If you love order and organization, this is a fantastic system! If you lack order and organization, this is a fantastic system! If you’ve been searching for the system that is the whole package, this is a fantastic system! (are we sensing a theme here?)
There are just a few things you need to do to enter. Leave a comment for each one you do and earn multiple entries!
1) Leave a comment telling me why you need to get organized or what is your biggest challenge you face in organizing?
2) “Like” My Daily Bread Crumbs on Facebook.
3) Share this post with at least 10 people.
4) Follow @MyDailyCrumbs on Twitter and RETWEET
5) Comment with your favorite inspirational quote, a prayer request, or a praise report!
Entries need to be submitted by Friday, May 4 @ 12pm (CA time). I will post the winner before 11:59pm that same day.
If you don’t want to enter the giveaway for a FREE copy of M.O.M, (crazy talk. Who doesn’t like free?) you can buy a copy by clicking here.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you use them, you support My Daily Bread Crumbs. Thank you!